Kayak Remote Doubtful Sound
Kayaking experience in remote Fiordland
Camping in stunning forest located in Hall Arm
Personable and experienced guides
Marvellous views of Lake Manapouri
KAYAK REMOTE DOUBTFUL SOUND
This is not your ordinary camping adventure; the Kayak Remote Doubtful Sound Experience includes 5 hours of kayaking and is filled with fascinating sights and sounds.This overnight camping and kayaking experience is one for the books. Discover one of the most pristine environments New Zealand has to offer. The spectacular Doubtful Sound is known for more than its breathtaking beauty. Ironically enough, this remote fjord is where people get lost in order to find themselves. Doubtful Sound might not be as famous as its neighbouring fjord, Milford Sound, but it is just as special. The Kayak Remote Doubtful Sound experience is a gem of an adventure.
DETAILS OF THIS EXPERIENCEWe begin our adventure with a boat ride across Manapouri Lake… this in itself is already a fantastic experience. Once we make it to the other side of the stunning lake, you and the group will hop onto a bus and drive through the famous Wilmot Pass. Everything about this trip is both beautiful and wild. The sights and sounds experienced before getting to Doubtful Sound are enough to last a lifetime.?This experience involves hours of paddling and exploring.
You will get to discover various sections of the fjord including; Malaspina Reach, Elizabeth Island, and Deep Cove.With any luck, you might see seals chilling out on the rocks, playful dolphins, whales or the elusive and endemic Fiordland crested penguin, which is only found in this part of the world. Once we get to the camp site, nestled in the stunning lush forest up Hall Arm, you can begin to settle in, visit our Operations Base where you will be given the safety rundown, and embrace the surroundings. This experience has the word ‘remote’ in it for a reason, you will be in the wilderness surrounded by nothing but nature. The campsite will be near a smoothing freshwater stream. We suggest you bring your camera because you will definitely want to take pictures of the scenery and our photogenic campsite. There will be communal tents so everyone can socialize while preparing their food. Swap music with song birds, or stories with adventurers (like yourself). It is our job to make sure everything runs smoothly so you don’t have to worry. It is your job to embrace New Zealand and the Doubtful Sound’s magnificent nature.
WHY IS THIS A? WILDTHENTIC EXPERIENCE?
New Zealand’s Fiordland is famous for its snow-capped Southern Alps, deep lakes, and steep, glacier-carved western valleys that have now become flooded with what appears to be inky ocean water. Although Fiordland is filled with remarkable valleys, none of them are as remote or as pristine as Doubtful Sound.
This Kayak Remote Doubtful Sound experience is sure to teleport you to a time where inventions were unheard of because Nature is the only thing around to provide what humans needed. Kayak among the beautiful valley as you keep an eye out for playful dolphins, make friends with travellers, learn techniques from expert tour guides, and adventure through territories that are usually unexplored by most visitors.
AGENDA FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- 6:15/6:45 Pick up at your hotel in Te Anau or Manapouri
- Ferry crossing in stunning Lake Manapouri
- Safety briefing and 5 hours paddling in Doubtful Sound wit chances to see seals, penguins, and dolphins.
- Overnight camping in superb Hall Arm canopy with three-course dinner.
- Early start for another 5 hours paddling, via Malaspina Reach, Elizabeth Island and back to Deep Cove.
- Time at camp to pack, change and get ready before to leave.
- Scenic drive through Wilmot Pass and ferry across Lake Manapouri.
- Drop off hotel in Manapouri (approx. 3.30pm) or Te Anau (approx. 4pm).
- Inclusions: certified and highly qualified kayak guides, hotel pick up, Lake Manapouri ferry crossing, scenic road transfer across Wilmot Pass, overnight camping with technical equipment (tents, chairs, gas cooker, cooking utensil, sleeping mat, communal tent), kayaking gear (full wetsuit, life jacket, dry bag, spray jacket, booties, gloves, sun hat, thermal top, leggings, fleece top), in-depth safety briefing.?
- Exclusions: travel insurance, meals (you need to bring your food to cook at the camp), personal expenses, tips and gratuities.
- Voucher info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this experience.
- Local operator information: Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
- Cancelation policy: If you cancel at least 2 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
WILDTHENTIC TRAVELERS TESTIMONIALS
"?Totally enjoyed a well organised 2-day trip with Logan who was our safety conscious, very capable but entertaining guide. First day was misty, with many temporary waterfalls adding drama to the vistas, and the second sunny and calm. It's a pity that apart from Logan I was the only kiwi on our trip – it’s a must do for anyone with moderate fitness."