SNORKELLING WITH WILDTHENTIC
Snorkelling allows humans to shallowly dive beneath the water′s surface. Snorkels are used for breathing air from above by a tube that is placed within the swimmer′s mouth.
Snorkelling is a very popular aquatic activity that has gained worldwide recognition, what was once considered a warm water sport is now being practiced all over the world. The main purpose of this activity is to be able to see the fascinating and colourful underwater wolrd without having to use oxygen.
Part of the snorkelling experiene is also to get some amazing marine life encounters with whale sharks, Humpback whales, sea lions, dolphins etc...
WHY WE LOVE
Snorkelling is a fascinating activity that allows humans to enter into a new underwater world while having a close encounter with aquatic life. Snorkelling invites you to witness the stunning colours, abstract shapes, and fascinating textures of the coral reefs found within our oceans and seas.
Not to mention, it feels like you are flying! Being below the water′s surface affects all of our senses. No longer are you standing vertically and subject to gravity, Snorkelling forces your body to move horizontally. This exciting activity makes you feel as if you are levitating, all you need to do is master buoyancy control and you are good to go!
Also, who doesn′t enjoy swimming with colourful fish? Swimming with animals doesn’t have to mean entering a tiny tank or man-made enclosure. You can snorkel and or swim with all types of animals, into the wild, on their territory, following their rules.
You could be looking at close encounters with whales, dolphins, wild pigs, seahorses, jellyfish, manta rays and many more! You don’t have to be a fearless adventurer to get up close and personal, all you really need is an open mind and excellent pair of flippers. Snorkelling is low-cost, easy, and fun, what′s not to love?
SNORKELLING & THE NATURAL WORLD
Snorkelling is a perfect way to surround yourself with the natural world. Swim over corals shaped like brains, mushrooms, plates, noodles, fans, branches and so much more!
Snorkelling puts you in control and allows you to become one with the water and its environments. Swim with the ocean wildlife as you witness all the bright and incredible colours the water has to offer. Watch the fish as they swim by you, some may seem familiar while others may seem like creatures from a distant planet. Snorkelling allows you to open your senses to new sights and sounds.
You can swim with whale sharks, humpback whales, manta rays, sea lions, dugongs, dolphins and more, creating a real bond with these charismatic creatures.
We only promote swimming or interacting with marine life when it is done responsibly and doesn’t impact the animal’s natural behaviour in any way.
SOME TIPS FROM OUR EXPERTS WHILE SNORKELLING
- First time or beginner snorkelling should rent a dry snorkel. This type of snorkel features a valve that seals when they go underwater. It′s a bit more expensive than a traditional snorkel but we believe it is worth the difference for those who are not yet familiar and or completely comfortable with the snorkel yet.
- Although fins are not necessary and some might prefer to swim without them we suggest that beginner and moderate level snorkellers ALWAYS use them. Fins provide a lot of swimming force and save you a tremendous amount of energy.
- The first thing we learned snorkelling is actually not to smile, no matter what as the movement of the lips smiling will create a gap and let the water enter through your mask.
- The best way to clean your snorkel mask is actually spitting on it to prevent the mask from fogging up under water. You need to spread the saliva as an extra layer of water to prevent condensation. You then rinse your mask in the water before to start swimming. Have fun!
EQUIPMENT USED WHILE SNORKELLING
Gear needed depends on the type of excursion you will be doing. Swimming and or snorkelling in warm water requires very little equipment, other than your diving mask and breathing tube. Fins are also used but not necessary.
In cooler water, a wetsuit may also be warn and in very cold water, a dry suit with boots, semi-dry gloves, hood, and thermal suit.
DID YOU KNOW...
- In 300 B.C skin divers would use hollow reeds to allow them to breathe while they collect sponges underwater off the island of Crete in the Mediterranean Sea.
- In 1300, Persian divers would use googles made of thinly sliced and polished tortoise shell.
- Scientists believe that the sea horse is the slowest fish in the ocean. It moves along at about 0.01 (one hundredth) mph.
- The marine iguana, also known as the Galápagos marine iguana, is considered the only true marine lizard on the plane. They are only found on the Galápagos archipelago.
- The Galápagos Islands are the only place where you will find warm-weather penguins, also known as Galápagos penguin, that live north of the equator.
- Most mammals can swim. Forget the myths, camels and pigs swim just fine. A 1963 treatise stated that there are two groups of mammalian non-swimmers: giraffes and great apes. Further research has demonstrated that although strenuous for giraffes it is not impossible for them to swim. A similar rule applies to the great ape, despite his lack of natural ability to swim, studies have shown that great apes can most certainly learn…like us!
- Dolphins name themselves and each other! Dolphins create their own individual whistles and are capable of recognizing their own as well as other dolphins ‘names.
WHY BOOK WITH
Feel different by doing something unique and awe-inspiringBecause your curiosity to discover new things is endless, we are making you rediscover the world, experiencing things you will never forget. We are a reference in experiential tourism, thanks to an exceptional team of experts who hand-pick some of the most extraordinary nature-based experiences in the planet.
Enjoy the destination at the fullest with our exclusive quality sealSit back and relax as we did all the checks for you. All excursions that are part of the ‘Wildthentic Experiences Collection’ have passed through our certification process. We audit over 200 criteria doing site inspections and getting final validation from our board of key actors in tourism. This is what ensures the ‘Wow Factor’, the secret recipe that connects with your emotions.
Fast, easy and secure booking systemWe know you like it fast, in this ever-happening buoyant digital world. Our online platform provides live availability, instant confirmation, secure payment from a worldwide reputable company, and is fast and easy. Your dream experience is only a few clicks away.
If you like Kayaking you may also like